King Stépan IV's pleasure dome at Kragoneidin, on the shores of Lake Polishov

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Holidays!

It is time for the now-traditional Syldavian Christmas greeting and toast, brought to you by a chosen grenadier of the Polishov Musketeers Infantry Regiment.  Some of you might remember him from last year; he is back this year to wish you and your families the joy of this festive season and a happy and interesting year to come.  



It is a very busy time here, as we are travelling visiting with families and old friends and delighting in our three-year-old's excitement at the holiday's bustling social round.  And sleeping in so far as we are able - something lacking the frenetic last few months.  I'm away from my Syldavian army but I am scribbling away, in a few pleasant minutes here and there, at my next post on King Ivan.  As well,  in a few minutes before retiring each night, I am putting the primer and base colours on a unit of Bordurian cavalry I brought with me...   It is a time of happy progress on all fronts.

My thanks for dropping in this blog over the last year.  With help from Alan of Tradgardland fame, I am looking forward to presenting you the results of some real games played in 2012.  

  

3 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
    It's great that you could bring some minis with you to get some work done on (and probably a welcome diversion, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and yours all from the Duchy of Tradgardland! What a stout fellow the grenidier looks.A cunning plan ( as Baldrick might say) to take some figures with you to paint. Enjoy the R&R and I look forward to our collaboration in 2012- who knows we might even meet up in the royal Mile too
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete